Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Supper Swap

Welcome to Supper Swap!
The concept of a supper swap was fairly new to me when my friend Sarah invited me to participate. In a nutshell, you find a few like-minded foodie friends to swap meals with through the week. So, I cook a meal for our family and 2 others on Mondays, and 2 dear friends cook on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (the days I work!). No planning, shopping, prepping, cooking and minimal cleaning up on those days...heaven!
So let me share with you a few of the fabulous meals we've dined on since we started last week...
  • Balsamic-rosemary Roasted Chicken with Red Onions and Potatoes
  • Gourmet Meatball Subs with Carmelized Onions and Gruyere with Greek Salad
  • Italian Sausage, White Bean and Spinach Stew
  • Shrimp Risotto with Roasted Asparagus
  • 3 Cheese Pizza with Lemony Arugula and a Celery/Walnut/Parmesan Salad
  • Meatloaf, Twice Baked Potatoes and Nonna's Salad
So now I'm a Supper Swap evangelist.
More to come...

2 comments:

Karen Cleary said...

this sounds great! I've got to find some girls down here that want to try this. What do you do about gluten free/dairy free?

The Hartmans said...

Karen,
Maybe you could find other girls who share the same food interests as you, or just get creative (i.e. if doing pasta do rice pasta, etc).
We are decidedly not a gluten/dairy free swap, sadly. But it's amazing...I highly recommend it if you can make it happen!